If you can see water in the bottom of your bosch dishwasher, don’t panic as this is totally normal.
Water condensation is expected to occur inside your dishwasher due to the moisture around.
It only becomes an issue when the bosch dishwasher standing water is more than 2 cups. This is not a normal situation at all!
And you should endeavor to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Note that a leak is most likely the reason why the bottom of your dishwasher is filled with too much water.
However, in reference to this – we’ll be providing you with the way to detect where this leak is coming from and how to fix it.
Why Does My Bosch Dishwasher Have Water In The Bottom?
Initially, you need to be able to detect where the problem is coming from, as in the source of the leak.
- In order to do that, disconnect the dishwasher from its power source and also turn off the shut-off water.
- Then, remove the bottom rack of the dishwasher and all other components until you get access to the bottom where you noticed the standing water.
- Use a plastic bowl to remove all the standing water, then you can make use of a towel or sponge to absorb the rest of the water.
Nonetheless, you just ensure that there’s no sign of water again at the bottom. Then this is where your investigation starts.
Pay attention to the interior of the dishwasher to check whether you will see a leaking component.
In order to diagnose further, set the dishwasher on sawhorses so that you will be able to view the lower components to know if any is leaking or not.
If you find any leaking component, then that could be your potential suspect.
Perhaps you can’t find any, we’ve compiled some things that could have resulted in the standing water alongside other possible leaking components.
1. Using the wrong detergents
Usually I get tempted to use some unsuitable detergents for my dishwasher whenever I run out of dishwasher tablets.
I’m sure most people also do this sometimes. But it has side effects.
Actually, using the wrong detergents for your dishwasher will result in a lot of excessive suds and can lead to leaking.
You want to know if it causes water in the bottom of your dishwasher?
The unsuitable soap you use such as a liquid soap and baking soda tends to obstruct and block some components.
When this happens, the water tends to experience difficulties while draining which eventually leads to standing water at the bottom.
2. The sump assembly
The sump assembly functions to control the flow of water into the drain pump.
Personally, I categorize the assembly to have several parts or components that are likely to be the cause of the leaks.
These components include the pump impeller, pump-to-sump seal and drain hose.
- The sump pump: If the sump pump itself is broken, it can result in leaks and some further damages.
- Sump drain hose: Some damages may have also occurred to the sump drain hose. Sometimes you’ll notice a small water flow coming from the sump drain hose support column close to the sump pump outlet.
In order to generally fix this issue, whether you noticed a leak on the hose or the base of the sump assembly is leaking, you should replace them respectively.
Remove the hose to see if there’s a hole on it which is dripping out water.
3. The drainage components
The drainage system is an important factor that contributes to the reasons why there’s water at the bottom of your dishwasher mainly because it’s not draining properly.
Regarding the drainage system, below are some components that could be affected.
- Drain filter: If the drain filter is clogged, this will prevent the dishwasher from pumping out water as it should.
- Drain pump impeller: Usually the pump has two impellers which mainly serve for bringing water in and out. Debris and food residues can get it clogged and prevent the proper turning of the impeller.
- Drain hose: This is another component you should be paying attention to. It occasionally gets kinked and when this happens, it obstructs the effective flow of water.
An issue or fault in any of these three drainage components can lead to standing water at the bottom of your dishwasher.
What we recommend doing to fix this is to remove any piece of debris and clogs that might be blocking the components.
With respect to the drain filter, remove it and use a brush and running water to clean it.
Ensure you get rid of all of the debris and dirt that might be clogging it.
Additionally, you shouldn’t use any harmful or abrasive which would damage the filter.
For the drain hose, you just have to straighten it out so that water can flow properly and not get stagnant at the bottom of your dishwasher.
Tips to prevent bosch dishwasher standing water
It’s important that you avoid some things in order to prevent standing water at the bottom of your dishwasher.
- Always clean the components of your dishwasher regularly. Components like the drain pump, filter, hoses and many more.
- Always use the suitable and correct dishwasher detergent.
- Properly load the dishwasher and don’t overload it.