Have you ever had an experience with your maytag dryer, whereby the appliance just beeps twice and won’t start?
In cases like this, there won’t even be any display of error codes to indicate the root of the specific problem.
Most of the time after choosing a dry cycle and hitting the start button, the dryer just suddenly beeps twice or more and becomes idle.
In situations like this, there are several possibilities attached to this problem, most of which we will be paying attention to in the post.
Note that there is a clear difference between a situation where your dryer beeps twice and when it beeps continuously.
Don’t worry, I will take you through all of this and the right way to deal with them. Stay tuned and let’s get started!!
What Are The Causes Of Maytag Dryer Beeps Twice Won’t Start?
The common reasons why this happens to your dryer is mainly due to a faulty power unit, if there is an error with the heater relay on the control board, a faulty control panel, clogged lint filter and many more.
Here is an overview of the reasons why it could be occurring with your dryer at the moment, before we dive thoroughly into details.
- Problem with the door switch or latch
- The lint filter is probably clogged or blocked with dirt
- Problem with constant overheating of the appliance
- Too much heavy laundry load in the dryer
- A faulty control panel that needs replacement
- Blown thermal fuse
- Error with heat relay on the control board and many more.
|Why My Maytag Dryer Beeps twice And Won’t Start||Quick And Easy Fixing Solutions|
|Faulty control panel||Reset or replace the control panel.|
|Clogged lint filter||Remove every single dirt that might be blinking the lint filter.|
|Problem with the door switch||Rest the door very well and make sure it’s properly closed.|
|Blown thermal fuse||Get a replacement for the fuse or first of all test for its continuity.|
|Too much heavy laundry load in dryer||Reduce the load in the appliance.|
|Error with heat relay on the control board||Replace the fuse at first.|
Maytag Dryer Beeps twice Won’t Start – How Do I Fix This Issue
1. The Door Switch Problem
This is perhaps the first procedure you need to look out for before attempting other complicated fixes. It’s a really easy one to troubleshoot.
If your dryer door is defective, faulty or probably not closed properly, you might experience this certain issue with the dryer whereby it beeps twice and won’t start.
- Ensure that the door is correctly locked in the right position as your dryer probably won’t start if the door is not closed properly.
- All you have to do is press the surface of the door firmly against the body of the dryer using your hands. This will ensure that it’s fully shut.
- The door might just need a little bit of resetting in order to get back to work. If it doesn’t work then you might need to check if the door switch is broken or not.
- If it’s broken, you should replace the door switch yourself or get in contact with a technician to do that for you.
Sometimes, the dryer usually displays error codes to highlight the problem but this particular issue might not show any codes at all.
Now you are all left alone to try to figure this out yourself and you should be able to do this with the assistance of the aforementioned fixing procedures.
2. Inspect The Heating Element Of The Dryer
If your dryer gets overheated to an extent you might begin to experience issues related to the appliance beeping twice and shutting down or doesn’t start at all.
- To fix this issue, you have to check the dryer for overheating. There are different components of the dryer you need to check if the appliance is overheating and this includes the heating element, lint filter and many more.
- Regarding the lint filter, you just have to ensure that it isn’t blocked so as to prevent the dryer from overheating. Overall, this should be done to fix the Maytag dryer won’t start but beeps twice problem.
3. Check The Control Panel for Any Errors Of If Its Malfunctioning
The control panel is perhaps responsible for carrying out most functions in the dryer.
When this component of the appliance starts to malfunction, it could have a negative effect on your dryer to the extent that you begin to have issues with the power as it won’t start normally, beeps twice and other stuff like that.
If no changes occur after resetting your Maytag dryer (turning it off and waiting for a few minutes before turning it on back).
It’s time for a replacement, you need to buy and replace the control panel on amazon depending on your model.
Note that it is not necessary that you call a service man in order to replace the control panel. You can simply do this yourself as long as you have the required tools.
4. Inspect The Lint Filter If It Is Clogged Or Blocked By Dirt
A Maytag dryer might just beep twice and decide not to turn on if it detects that there’s some kind of dirt clogging up the lint filter.
Now, when it does this it is your own personal job to troubleshoot since you are already aware of the root of the problem.
- What you have to do is first of all remove the lint screen and make sure you have unplugged the dryer before doing this.
- You can place your fingers in the corners of those filters to clean the filter or use a vacuum cleaner to remove all excess lints.
5. Test The Thermal Fuse To Inspect If It Needs Replacement
The next method of fixing this issue is to test the thermal fuse if it’s working perfectly or carry out the process of replacing if not.
The responsibility of this safety switch is to blow out whenever it detects significant excessive heat.
- You need to test the continuity with the help of a tool known as a multimeter.
- If you probably don’t know how to use this tool, there are several guides to search for in order to get the information. It’s not really a difficult task.
- If you notice that there is no continuity in the thermal fuse, that is a sign that it obviously needs a replacement.
- However, in order to replace it yourself you will be required to unscrew some part of the dryer. You should be able to do this with some necessary tools and home equipment.
6. Too Much Heavy Laundry Load In Dryer
Another way to fix this issue is to ensure that there isn’t too much load in the dryer. Reduce the load in the appliance and then check again if the problem has stopped.
7. Activate Maytag Dryer Diagnostic Mode
The diagnostic mode carries out some certain tests on the dryer to detect the issue and troubleshoot the appliance.
In order to enter the diagnostic mode, press 3 buttons in a sequence three times.
After doing this, a display of “88” will show on the control panel which indicates that the dryer is in diagnostics mode.
Make sure the dryer is in standby mode before doing this, then all the LED lights on the control panel should be illuminated simultaneously.
What Should I Do If Any Of These Methods Doesn’t Work?
If you carry out the aforementioned procedures of fixing the problem very well, the issue should be fixed without a doubt.
But it doesn’t get fixed despite that, then you need to get in touch with a serviceman to assist you.
How Can I Reach Out To Maytag Customer Service Support?
The easiest way to get in touch with maytag perhaps you couldn’t get a qualified service man is via their phone numbers.
Be rest assured that with the aforementioned information, you will have no trouble fixing the “maytag dryer beeps twice won’t start” problem.
It’s really a great fixing technique if you’re experiencing this problem with no display of error codes.