If you notice that your frigidaire dishwasher spray arm got melted and it seems to affect the normal functioning of your dishwasher. Then there’s a problem lurking around somewhere.
You definitely need to find a solution to this problem without hesitation.
The main reasons for this are due to close contact with hot inner surfaces, the dishwasher not properly filled with water, incorrect loading, the lower wash arm is detached, wear and tear, low water pressure.
Be rest assured that I will be highlighting a detailed analysis on these reasons and how you can fix them accordingly.
Nonetheless, you don’t need to invest money to call a repairman, you can fix this all by yourself.
My Frigidaire Dishwasher Spray Arm
First and foremost, your spray arm is simply a part of your dishwasher that is mostly located at the bottom of the dishwasher.
Note that this might vary depending on the specific model, but most times you will find the spray arm beneath the trays inside the dishwasher.
During a washing cycle, the spray arm is responsible for spraying or distributing water on the dishes that is being washed inside of the appliance.
It properly cleans the dishes and some other items in the appliance. Sometimes, it melts or gets burnt if not properly maintained or due to one reason or the other.
Reasons For Frigidaire Dishwasher Spray Arm Melted?
Generally, your frigidaire dishwasher might melt at any time and it’s a normal situation which is experienced by most dishwasher users.
However, below are some of the possible reasons why this could have occurred.
#1. Incorrect installation of the lower spray arm.
This is one of the main reasons why your dishwasher spray arm is melting.
If the lower spray arm isn’t installed properly, with time it could get detached and come in contact with the heating element which eventually results in melting.
Note that if the spray arm is not properly secured into the pump, this might melt the spray arm if it’s loose.
Ensure that the heating element bracket is in the correct position. So that it wouldn’t get in contact with the spray arm.
#2. Incorrect loading of dishes
If you load your dishwasher incorrectly, this can causeitems can block the spray arm and prevent it from spinning freely.
As a result, it allows the spray arm to melt as it comes into contact with hot surfaces like the heating element or other hot components.
Rearrange the dishes in such a way that their dirty sides are faced towards the center of the dishwasher.
Place the dishes or items between the tines and avoid overcrowding in order to not to block the spray arm.
#3. Dishwasher not properly filled with water
If the dishwasher is not properly filled with water or spray water. This will damage the lower spray arm as it gets overheated and melts if enough water isn’t filled in the dishwasher.
With this, it’s expected that you pay more attention to how water is distributed inside the appliance.
This can also occur if water isn’t flowing properly in the dishwasher or perhaps blocked.
Ensure that the dishwasher is getting water by the turning the water supply valve to the open position.
Check if the overfill protection float is not obstructed, this The prevents the dishwasher from overfilling as it shouldn’t be blocked. (Make it moves freely, up and down)
#4. Low water pressure
When the water pressure that assists the movement of the spray arm is low, the spray arm tends to stop working properly or get loose and eventually melts.
#5. Wear and tear
If you have been using your dishwasher for a long time now, it’s possible that it’s getting old and might be the reason for melting of the spray arm.
Appliance parts wear out and this is normal. You might need to replace the melted spray arm with another compatible one.
How To Replace Frigidaire Dishwasher Lower Spray Arm?
Who needs a repairman when you can actually repair your dishwasher all by yourself.
Replacing the melted spray arm would save you a substantial amount of dollars and time.
This section will be focused on the Removal and replacement procedures, get your tools ready.
You don’t really need complicated equipment to do this. All you need is a screwdriver and your bare hands.
Follow the procedures below.
- Firstly, you should remember to unplug the dishwasher from electricity supply in order to avoid electric shock
- Remove the lower rack from the dishwasher with a screwdriver and your hands.
- Next, you will see the dishwasher spray arm instantly.
- Now, detach that part by holding the center with your hand, some models might be different from a regular one. All you need to do is remove it with a screwdriver.
- Separate the wash arm support from the trap assembly and inspect for any damage to the parts.
- After removing the spray arm from the dishwasher. Check for the intensity of the damage on the spray arm. This will give you a clue, whether to replace the part or find a glue to manage or something.
- If it is a slight damage, you don’t need a replacement. All you need is a little troubleshooting then attach back. Otherwise, replace if the damage is severe.
- Buy a new spray arm and replace the melted one carefully.
- Make sure the new spray arm lies correctly on the trap assembly, rotate it anticlockwise until it’s locked. Spin it to check if it is firmly attached.
- Make sure the spray arm spins well before you put the lower rack back in place and close the Dishwasher.
Your Dishwasher should run properly and should be back to normal after you should have followed the aforementioned procedures correctly.
How To Prevent Frigidaire Dishwasher Spray Arm Melted Issues?
You just bought a new spray arm and replaced the old and melted one with it.
You wouldn’t want a situation whereby it gets melted again and you would have to buy another or carry out another troubleshooting.
Here are tips to ensure that you prevent the frigidaire dishwasher spray arm from melting again.
- You are required to properly check the water inlet valve, perhaps you notice the spray arm doesn’t turn properly.
- Troubleshoot your dishwasher on a regular basis. This implies checking for errors and maintaining the appliance properly.
- Ensure there is a free flow of water in the dishwasher. This is very vital as it prevents the spray arm from melting easily.
- When you just got a brand new frigidaire Dishwasher, ensure that the lower spray arm is installed properly.
If by chance it isn’t properly fixed, you might experience a melting issue after running for a while.
Regardless of the model of dishwasher you are currently using, you can easily troubleshoot the appliance yourself.
Whether or not the affected area of the dishwasher is its spray arm, you should definitely be able to fix and provide a solution without having to contact a repairman or professional.
In conclusion, I hope you got the answer to your questions regarding frigidaire dishwasher spray arm melted. Thank You.